Oral/poster Abstracts Submission Closes
April 10, 2022
April 28 - May 1, 2022
- Genome organization & high-order interactions
- Microbiome and the genome – where is the junction?
- Biobanks, databases and impact on precision medicine
- Convergence of genomics and immunology
- Ancient human genomes
- Cancer genomics
- AI in health and medicine
- Integrating metabolism and disease
- Genetics and epigenetics of health and disease
- Organoids, cell and gene therapy
- Genomic ethics
Abstract Submission Regulations
Each registrant may submit one abstract of his/her work as presenter. The registrant can select to have their abstract considered for an oral or poster format. It is expected that the abstract will include recent work. Inclusion of original work not previously published is highly encouraged.
Only those abstracts that have been reviewed and selected by the Abstract Review Committee may be presented. Abstract submissions will only be accepted electronically through the abstract submission module.
With the submission of an abstract to HGM 2022 Conference, the first author (presenting author):
- Accepts responsibility for the accuracy of the submitted abstract.
- Confirms that all authors are aware of and agree to the content of the abstract and support the data presented.
- Identifies any financial interest in products or processes described in the abstract. This information is to be forwarded to the Scientific Committee together with the abstract.
- Agrees that the acceptance of an abstract does not imply provision of travel, accommodation or registration for the meeting, nor any other costs associated with preparation or presentation of the abstract, and any costs associated with attendance at the meeting
- Gives HUGO permission to publish your abstract, PowerPoint presentation and/or Poster on the Conference or HUGO HGM 2022 website and all other conference materials.
- Gives HUGO permission to film or photograph your presentation at the meeting.
Only the submitting author will receive a confirmation/abstract number by e-mail from the HGM2022 Conference Secretariat within 48 hours of submission. This confirmation of abstract receipt is NOT a notice of acceptance to the program.
If you do not receive any confirmation within 48 hours, please contact the Conference Secretariat email@example.com within one week following the submission of the abstract.
Please note that submitting an abstract does not automatically register you as a delegate. All authors who submit an abstract are required to register for the meeting prior to submitting an abstract. Submitters will not be able to submit an abstract without having completed registration.
If the presenting author is unable to attend the conference, please notify us of an alternative
presenter or withdraw the abstract. Any alternative presenter must also register for the conference.
Abstract Selection Process
Only abstracts submitted online can be accepted. Abstracts submitted by e-mail attachment will not be considered.
The Scientific Committee will make the selection of abstracts for oral and poster presentations.
The submitting author will be notified about the result of the review and the Scientific Committee’s decision on the abstract.
If a selected author cannot attend, the presenting author should assign a replacement.
Please note that applicants may be offered a presentation format different to that applied for and not all applications may be accepted.
In order to be considered, an abstract should respect the following guidelines:
- English is the official language.
- The abstract must be submitted in English. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to reject those abstracts, which are presented in poor English, or may request an immediate revision by the presenter.
- Abstract titles should be brief and should reflect the content of the abstract.
- Commercial names may not be used in the abstract title.
- List first and last names of all authors. Only institutional affiliations, cities and countries should follow.
- The online abstract submission procedure will not accept abstracts that exceed 250 words.
- Supplementary data, appendices, figures or photographs will not be accepted.
For questions regarding the online submission process, contact the Conference Secretariat at HGM@ortra.com.